If your answer to both these questions is yes, you’ll be interested in knowing that at the UdL students can attend class while also gaining work experience. We offer you the possibility of a much more attractive way of studying: dual education.
Dual Education is the ideal combination between studying and working. In Dual Higher Education, the company takes joint responsibility for your education in coordination with the UdL. You’ll acquire your professional knowledge and skills split 50% between the university and the company.
You’ll enjoy personalised monitoring throughout your education by two tutors: one from the university and one from the company.
Together with the degree, you’ll have gained real professional experience that you can show on your CV.
WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO DO IF YOU WANT TO CHOOSE DUAL EDUCATION?
1. Learn about it. On this website, you’ll find all the UdL courses that are offered in the dual model.
2. Carefully read the first section, where it explains what the dual model means and what it involves. Pros and cons.
3. We recommend you take a look around the UdL website and get an idea of the benefits of studying at our university. As an example, go into the SIAU at the ORI, the Sports Service, to make an initial contact.
4. Before you start pre-enrolment on your chosen course, we recommend that you take a look at the job offers posted last year, which you’ll find on the website of the course you’ve chosen in the dual education section.
5. If you still have any queries, just mail the coordinator of your chosen course and they’ll be delighted to answer them. This does not entail any commitment on your part.
6. All that’s left for you to do is enter the website of your chosen course and follow the pre-enrolment instructions.
7. Once you’ve been accepted, you’ll have to follow the instructions that you’ll find on the same website to choose companies, send documentation, do job interviews and formalise enrolment. You can also solve any queries that you may have at the meeting with the coordinators at the start of the academic year, where they’ll tell you all the ins and outs of dual education.
OPTIONS FROM WHICH TO CHOOSE
As set out in the UdL strategic plan, our university is committed to improved teaching quality and to excellence as essential milestones to be achieved in all our degree courses. This is why the UdL is promoting dual and alternation education in engineering fields and in educational fields successively. There are already a number of established courses in these modes, and we hope that others will be added shortly.
The following is a list of the established courses in which you can choose the dual option:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Primary Education (ALTERNATION)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architectural Technology and Building Construction (DUAL)
- Master’s Degree in informatics Engineering (DUAL)
- Master’s Degree in Industrial Engineering (DUAL)
- Master’s Degree in Agricultural Engineering (DUAL)
Proprietary Education (continuing):
WHY CHOOSE DUAL / ALTERNATION?
You’ll acquire skills, knowledge and abilities based on action. Learning by doing.
You’ll attain skills based on real experiential situations.
You’ll be part of a company’s work force and you’ll have the same duties and rights as any other worker (DUAL). The project you undertake in the company or institution will be real and you’ll be able to contribute all your value and resources.
On completing your course, as well as the qualification, you’ll be able to include the work experience on your CV and you’ll have acquired greater knowledge of the different future professional options.
Your education will be adapted to the needs of the environment, so your employability will be much higher.
Both alternation and dual courses enable you to get a very good picture of the professional reality of your chosen course.
Despite the higher workload involved in working and studying at the same time, students who choose this model rate it very positively.
In some cases, the company will second you to one of its subsidiaries in another country and carry on studying some of the modules at another university in a similar educational system…
Get in touch with the tutor to find out what other benefits are open to students in choosing the dual or alternation model.
NEW STUDENTS AT THE UDL
Welcome to the UdL. We are certain that if you choose to study at our university, you’ll be very happy at being part of our university community.
We began dual education just a few years ago with the commitment of it steadily growing and expanding. We think that it ensures a very good quality of learning and positioning in the job market.
If you want to get to know the UdL better, we recommend that you browse the website and discover everything that we can offer you.
We have, however, selected a few addresses so that you can have them to hand, as they are usually useful to other students.
SIAU (University Information and Support Service)
ORI (International Relations Office)
WHAT SHOULD YOU DO IF YOU WANT TO CHOOSE THE DUAL EDUCATION OPTION?
If you are interested in studying on any of the courses in Section 1, we recommend that after you’ve looked at the course link, you contact the course coordinator to have any queries you might have answered and so that they can inform you of everything you need to do.
The following are the coordinators’ emails:
Bachelor’s Degree in Architectural Technology and Building Construction
Coordinator: Jérôme Barrau firstname.lastname@example.org
Dual Master’s Degree in Distribution Operations Management
Coordinator: Francisco Juárez Rubio email@example.com
STUDENTS FROM OUTSIDE THE EU
NON-EU FOREIGN STUDENTS
You should contact the coordinator of the course you want to take.
Once you have been accepted on the bachelor’s or master’s degree course, you should apply for a STUDENT VISA to enter Spain.
With the visa, you can come and be assigned a company.
You need to take out the necessary travel and temporary residence insurance until you have an employment contract.*
The UdL will initially tell you the procedures so that you can do an extracurricular internship in a company while the company can begin the procedures to be able to offer you a contract as a trainee worker.
(Process the work permit (AUT05c) and register you as a worker).
If you have to combine any bachelor’s degree subjects with a master’s degree, the length of your course will be longer than scheduled in your visa and you will have to apply for the necessary EXTENSIONS and renewals of the relevant work permit.
*It is essential that you take out an insurance policy that covers the return journey between your city of origin and Lleida. Also, that you are covered by a health and accident insurance policy until an employment contract is formalised. The SIAU will inform you of the policies offered by the broker that the UdL works with and other policies that may be of interest.
Remember that Spanish rules oblige you to be able to prove that you have sufficient resources to maintain yourself (and the salary you get as learners does not count), which will be essential for renewing the visa after a year.
Once you have completed your course, if you want an employment contract, you will have to return to your country to obtain a contract at origin by the company that wants to hire you unless you can prove that you have had 3 consecutive years with a student visa.
Check the rules before deciding.
Permit for students who work